Although some call me V… I’m a wannabe hippie and aspiring mental wellness guru with a passion for plants and all things essential oils. I created Mindfully V as an online space to inspire mental wellness and personal growth through self-care, self-discovery, and natural healing.
Here I share my everyday experiences with managing mental health, some of my go-to natural healing remedies, essential oil tips and tricks, and some of the life lessons I’ve learned through my own never-ending journey towards wellness.
I strongly believe that embracing your full range of emotions and channeling the Earth’s natural energy is essential to well-being and will ultimately bring you closer to embodying mental wellness.
What is Mental Wellness? According to the World Health Organization, it’s “a state of well-being in which the individual realizes their own abilities, can cope with the normal stresses of life and can work productively and fruitfully.”
As a person who’s dealt with depression and anxiety my entire life, I have a deep understanding of the daily struggle of managing a brain full of chaos and attempting to be a functioning adult. There have been times in my life where I’ve been depressed beyond function — unable to get out of bed or taste food. There have been times in my life where I’ve felt paralyzed by my anxiety filled brain — filled with fear of judgment and rejection. There have also been times when I’ve felt overwhelmed with joy -— unsure of what to do with it or where to put it. All of this has taught me that although hardships and seemingly unmanageable emotions come whether we want them to or not, our attitude towards them is something we do have control over.
I’m a California girl currently embarking on my latest adventure in Sunny San Diego. When I’m not working my big girl job as a Marketing Manager, I’m usually out with friends grabbing a local brew, seeking out my next live music experience, or snuggled up on my couch reading or watching the latest Netflix original.
- Essential Oils: Some may call them overpriced placebos, I call them miracles in a bottle.
- Music: I absolutely geek out on groovy Spotify playlists, record stores, and love music festivals with an unapologetic severity.
- Houseplants: It’s a problem, truly. There are currently 30 houseplants occupying my 300 square foot apartment and if I’m being honest.. there’s no end in sight.
- Dogs: No explanation needed. Meet @CashTheGoldy.
- Home Decor: The light of my life. My crack cocaine. I can literally feel my limbic system lighting up like a Christmas tree when I walk into a Target. To give you a frame of reference: I own one pot and maybe 2 spoons, but have approximately 17 throw pillows, 4 rugs, 2 coffee tables… Did I mention I live in a 300 square foot apartment?
- Astrology: Yeah I know, it’s all a bunch of hocus-pocus bullshit that has no factual basis, but also mercury is in retrograde so please don’t talk to me.
Aquarius ☼ Sagittarius ↑ Leo ☽
- True-crime: Perhaps it’s weird to call something so tragic a simple pleasure, but the truth is we’re all secretly obsessed with tragedy. Most people are just too in denial to admit it… #SSDGM, amiright?
- Deep Conversations: Yeahhhhhh… I’m that one girl at the party always asking out of pocket questions like “what’s your biggest fear?” before slamming shots. It’s a running joke amongst all my friends, but I can’t help it. I have a burning desire to know the most intimate parts of people and for them to know the most intimate parts of me. I’m an open book and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
I’m stoked you’re here, and I hope I can empower you to pave your own path towards mental wellness and bring you closer to living your best life in this shit world.
Disclaimer: I am not a licensed medical professional. My advice comes from personal research and experience. If you are looking to make any major changes or need medical advice, please consult your doctor.